Doctoral Program in Anthropology
Doctor of Philosophy in Anthropology
15/08/2022 - 25/10/2022
The Doctoral Program in Anthropology is a full-time, day-shift, academic/research program. It is oriented to enable students to develop autonomous, original, and specialized research on sociocultural phenomena and problems from an anthropological perspective.
Graduates of this program will contribute to the advancement of knowledge based on a solid training in anthropological theories and methodologies and will be qualified to work as academics and researchers in higher education and research centers, among others.
- To provide the knowledge and training necessary to develop original and independent anthropological research at an advanced level.
- To develop in students advanced competencies in anthropological research methodologies.
- To provide a space for rigorous reflection that generates specialized and useful knowledge to understand socio-cultural problems.
- To develop students’ abilities to understand and intervene in socio-cultural problems.
- To prepare students for teaching and university training in the anthropological discipline.
- To provide the necessary training to recognize, discern and solve ethical problems in anthropological research.
In accordance with the objectives of the Program, graduates of the Doctoral Program in Anthropology:
- Will be prepared to develop original research, autonomously, with an updated view on anthropological theories.
- Will possess advanced competencies in methodology, which will allow them to conduct research in different socio-cultural realities, with the ability to adapt and be autonomous in the resolution of problems in their research.
- Will be able, through rigorous anthropological reflection, to understand sociocultural problems.
- Will be able to integrate and lead both disciplinary and interdisciplinary work teams oriented to the intervention in complex socio-cultural phenomena.
- Will be qualified to teach at the university level in the anthropological discipline.
- Will have the necessary training to face and solve ethical problems that arise in research and management of research projects.
Research areasVer más keyboard_arrow_down
Environment, Development, and Sustainability.
Governance and diversity.
Kinship, religiosity, and daily life.
Application RequirementsVer más keyboard_arrow_down
Graduation RequirementsVer más keyboard_arrow_down